Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bye-bye Pediasure

I have no idea why but Sarah is refusing her Pediasure. It's been over a week now since she's had more than an ounce or so. The one morning I decided to kind of force the issue and kept giving her bottle back. Well, she drank about 4 oz and then puked it all up fifteen minutes later. So now, I'm changing her whole diet around. I'm not sure what else to give her. She's been taking a few ounces of soymilk each day & then mostly water with a few sips of organic apple juice occasionally.

Our other issue is the baby food. She has been refusing that as well. I've been making all her food from scratch and blending it so that it is smooth but has a few soft chunks. It's almost like she has now decided that she's not a baby anymore. So I have a meeting with her nutritionist next week to discuss all of these new developments and plan some menus for her so that I'm sure she's getting proper nutrition and enough fluids.

Other than that, all seems to be well. Everyone has fully recovered from last week's stomach bug. I hope Sarah never gets sick again. That was really hard. All of these new changes with her seem to have been set off by her being sick.

I have a ton of running around to do today so I had better get moving. After the big girls finish their school, we are going to start planning our garden for this spring. I am so excited to have so much space to work with. We may stop by the property later if it's not too cold to look around some more. Now, we have a squatter living there. LOL. It's actually one of Hugh's employees and he's camping out in his RV. I like having someone there to keep an eye on things though, so it's cool.

1 comment:

Misty said...

i got my application today for the conference...mike and i are discussing our money and i am hoping that i can get some family donations....i wondered how hard it would be if i went by myself...with mason of course and maybe jaiden. so, i am considering it. but i hope and pray that you make it out there. your property looks wonderful..i envy you! i hope that all works out with that. how is sarah feeling? ttyl!