Saturday, March 8, 2008

Cooking up a storm

Today is rainy and gray so I decided to start doing some cooking and baking. So far I have Spicy Pinto Beans simmering away in the crockpot. Later I'm making homemade tortillas and Sopa de Fideo. That'll be dinner. I made biscuits this morning and Apple Cinnamon Muffins. Right now I have some veggies steaming on the stove for Sarah's lunches next week. Once they are finished. I'll add some seasoning and puree them. Then they get portioned out and go in the freezer. I have to run to the store after her nap is over to grab a few things so we can bake chocolate chip cookies and choclate chip-pumpkin muffins tonight. Hugh has band practice(that's a rant for another day) so the gals and I are going to have a Harry Potter movie marathon and make popcorn. It should be fun.

Apparently all this heavy rain has washed out the dirt road that leads to our property where we are building our house. One of the neighbors called Hugh this morning and told him. No one can get down the road. There are I believe about 12 other properties/houses on this road too. So he left to go help them put more dirt down and try to rebuild it. We just excavated some of our land to build a stoarge shed and the first house, so we have a ton of dirt they can use. I hope this doesn't happen every time we get heavy rains. What a pain! Oh and he met our neighbors in the back(their property is actually far off across the woods but still within walking distance). The guy owns a tattoo/piercing parlor. He does body piercing and his wife is a tattoo artist. They are vegetarians and apparently have decided to build a castle on their property. Sounds like we picked the right place to live!!

1 comment:

Misty said...

My goodness lady!! you're the cooking queen!! LOL! YUM!! it all sounds so yummy, my mouth is watering right now! I hope that all is well with you and your family!!