Sunday, January 6, 2008

Getting back into the swing of things


Now that the holidays are over, I'm trying to get us back on a schedule. I think I have all of Sarah's therapies worked out so that we can consolidate as much as possible without overwhelming her. The only one we haven't started yet is vision therapy. It should start in another week or so.



I asked Sarah's PT and OT(who are both amazing, by the way) if they would mind if I videotaped some of the sessions. Here are a couple clips. The first is from PT. Sarah is now keeping feet on the floor and allowing her PT to assist her with standing. She is able to move her feet in a walking motion while being supported. The second is during OT. We have been doing deep compressions on her fingers, arms, feet, and legs. The hope is that it will help her with some of her sensory issues and help her to remain more organized and calm. In just a few weeks, she went from totally freaking out when her hands were touched, to what you see in the video!












And lastly, the picture at the top is of her doing her new favorite activity. She sits on the bike while I push her around the house. The hardwood floors are killing my knees but she loves it so much.








No comments: