Thursday, January 10, 2008

I've decided that I need to get Sarah a new Ongoing Service Coordinator. I really like the one she has but things are just not getting done anymore. I signed papers for an increase in respite hours and for a vision eval. back in October. It took almost two months to get the vision eval. It should have taken two weeks. Once we had one the first week of December, the therapist told me straight out that Sarah qualifies for services because she has Cortical Visual Impairment. We decided on a day for therapy sessions and she tells me that it will take about 10 days for it to actually start up because she has to send a report to our OSC. No problem.

Well, here we are at the end of the second week in January, I still have no vision services in place and no increase in respite. I'm frustrated and stressed out. She never even calls me anymore to give me updates or let me know how things are going.

I met another OSC in our homeschooling group. She's great. I love her personality and I'll be seeing her just about every week anyway for homeschool related things. So I'm switching. I've been feeling so bad about it. I've actually lost sleep over it because I hate hurting people's feelings. I don't know if the switch was made yet but I hope it happens soon because I just want to get it over with.

No comments: